Monday, December 29, 2008
"Dada"
Clara has always been a very quiet girl. She is extremely attached to me and still gets upset when I leave her or if she wakes up and I am gone. Because she was sick a lot as an infant, her speech skills are not developing on track. I know that kids develop at different rates and that each child is different. But deep down I have felt that Clara was not progressing in her vocabulary. By 18 months a child should be saying a minimum of five words. I decided to follow my gut and have Clara tested for speech delays. The therapist confirmed it and we were able to intervene and start working with her. I know she is a smart girl. After two weeks of working with her and trying sign language, today she finally said her second word"Dada". Soon after that she was on a roll and said something that was close to Gracie.It was so wonderful to see her face light up as she said it.. We were all so excited. I am so excited to go to therapy this week and help her learn more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's great news! We're so happy for you. We can't wait for our Clara's to play someday.
Good for you for being an in-tune Momma and advocate for your baby girl. Way to go!
Post a Comment