Sunday, October 11, 2009

Adeline Susan Blanchard


We are so excited to welcome Adeline Susan Blanchard to our family. After only three and a half hours of labor, she was born on Oct 4, 2009 at 11:30 am. She is 20.5 inches long and 6 pounds 11 ounces. She struggled a bit at bit with her breathing but has since mastered it. She had long fingers and toes. She has such a sweet spirit. Because of a family wide out break with the swine flu, we were not allowed to have visitors at the hospital. Beau was able to come and go but the girls had to wait two days to meet their little sister.

Once we were discharged, we went to introduce the girls to their little sister. Needless to say, she was a hit. Clara and Grace both adore Adeline and are so concerned about her. They both are so sweet and doting to her. It has been a blessing.

I have had a rougher time this time. I had no problems in the hospital but the same day I was discharged, I had the most excruciating pain at 11:30 at night. It felt like kidney failure, contractions, and back spasm all in once. It was so bad that I ended up taking a trip to the ER to make sure everything was ok. It turned out that I had after birth pain along with side effects from the epidural.

I have been fortunate enough to have my mom and Beau around to help care for me and the girls. My mom has been a lifesaver and cared for the girls while I was at the hospital. I cannot thank her enough. Beau has been off for a week now and has been wonderful. I am so thankful to have him home and for this time to spend together as a family. He has another week off and I am so happy.

I have so many pictures and things to shaare but right now I am ready to turn in.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

She is darling. Scary about the complications. I am so happy that they were able to figure out what was causing the pain.

rachel said...

Shannon, she is perfect! And the name?? WOW. That brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet little angel. Can you believe she's already a month and a half old? It goes so fast.
Congrats my sweet friend.
Any plans on visiting Eugene in the near future???